Bài test - TOEIC
Số câu hỏi: 40
Thời gian làm bài: 30 phút
1. n. autograph
- company; commerical business; corporation
- piece of soft material which cushions; block of pages stacked together and connected on one side; one's lodging (Slang); sanitary napkin; soft padded sections on the bottom of an animal's paw; sound of footsteps
- heap; tall bookshelf; chimney; (Computers) area in memory where information can be stored and then retrieved in the reverse order; (Internet) layers of the open system interconnection used to transfer information
- a person's handwritten signature
2. Mrs. Summers complained that the CEO's power-point presentation on the history of modern architecture was ...
3. Because of ... exceptional durability, IXC chips are in high demand for the new QC operating systems.
4. When they are competing against brand-name chains, stores relying ... on word-of-mouth referrals should consider purchasing a print advertisement.
5. I had quite ... on my way to work this morning.
- an adventure
- an experiment
- a happening
- an affair
6. The plane was ... by two hours because of bad weather.
- put off
7. Dick will be waiting ... them at the entrance door.
8. n. manner of acting; conduct
9. Dear Stone Blair, I'm not certain that you are the person I need to address, but the help desk operator at Autotech forwarded me ... e-mail address. It is now midmonth, and Microserve has still not received a March invoice from Autotech.
10. The post office is located .... the end of the block, next to Charlestown Dry Cleaners.
11. n. supplement
- something which makes up for a deficiency; addition; extra added part
- concern; fear; misfortune; distr ess; source of concern; ripping of meat with the teeth (e.g. by dogs)
- drink; refreshment
- group of judges; board, flat piece of wood; band; strip; crew; team; staff
12. Two delays, a thunderstorm and a missed connection combined to make Mr. Cox's cross country flight ... miserable.
13. I ... bacon and eggs every morning.
- used to eating
- am used to eat
- am used to eating
- use to eat
14. After speeding to the airport and sprinting across the terminal, the PelCro Corp. executives arrived just ... time to catch their flight.
15. Some workers still need ... of the rules pertaining to common courtesy among colleagues in the workplace.
- to be reminded
- have reminded
- be reminding
16. n. brain; human faculty which reasons and judges; human consciousness that is separate from the body; memory; recollection; opinion; intention; desire
17. The CEO of VitaTech announced that the company's fourth quarter earnings forecast will be ... to the press today.
18. Our guests didn't leave until 2 a.m., so they ... have enjoyed themselves.
19. Employees who wish to take the day after Thanksgiving as a personal day off .... approval
20. It's most unwise to ... in a quarrel between a man and his wife.
21. If the intended ... is not at home, leave notification that the package may be picked up at the post office during regular business hours.
22. If we go to the market we might find a ....
23. During the meeting, Zeke Grabowski made ... loud and clear about his position on the firm's proposed acquisition of Penny Pharmaceuticals
24. Elementary school children, who have not yet been repeatedly disappointed by other people, are much more ... than older and more cynical high school students.
25. After several days of negotiations, Turner Associates finally made a marketing ... with Ignatius Imports.
26. as rich as ________ = extremely rich.
- a two nails
27. Mr. Carter's absence, inquiries should be directed to his..., Mr. Zimbrowski
28. v. lay off
- to recover; to regain; to bring back; to fetch; to find and bring back; to rescue; to save; to find information and display it as output (Computers)
- to appoint; to specify; to identify; to designate
- to postpone; to dismiss from a job; to fire
- to fasten with buttons; to be fastened with buttons
29. There are ... trains running today because of the go-slow.
30. Ms. Mertenson will be unavailable next week ... you have made a previous appointment
31. We ... receive an electronic invoice on the first of the month, and a reminder notice approximately half way through the month. Neither of these has been received; therefore, I assume the bill has not been issued.
32. I'm very tired - I ... all morning.
- was worked
- am working
- have been working
33. "Customers come first" has always been one of the key business ... at M & M Mortgages
34. It is particularly important that we sort out this error before May first. We are a small company that submits tax forms twice a year, and we must include this information as part of our .... As the accountant of Microserve, it is my duty to submit all invoices related to spending to our head office by May 3rd at the latest.
35. Mr. Hawkins is a hard worker who usually performs quite ... under pressure.
36. Ms. Griffiths was eliminated as a candidate when she answered yes to the question, "Have you ever ... anything from a previous employer?"
37. Wilson Electronics announced Tuesday that 500 workers will be ... off next month due to the slumping economy
38. The police carried out a ... search for the missing diplomat.
Bạn đã hoàn thành bài test
Tổng số câu hỏi:
Câu hỏi bạn trả lời đúng:
Điểm đạt được: